One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for amniocentesis
- ‘You see the main complication of an amnio is that it can cause a miscarriage in a proportion of women.’
- ‘I had three different nurse-midwives call me and lecture me on the low risks of an amnio, telling me that I was not taking things seriously enough.’
- ‘We also decided not to tell anybody else until the results of the amnio came in.’
- ‘Monday I go in for an amnio to make sure our baby doesn't have Downs Syndrome or some other chromosome disorder.’
- ‘They need to get the amnio done anyway, to screen for congenital disorders.’
- ‘Although I understand their concern I am quite reluctant to get an amnio and take any risk.’
- ‘And yes you can get an amnio done just because you want one.’
- ‘My doctor has suggested we get an amnio at 14 weeks.’
- ‘We got a 99 percent all-clear for any neural tube defects and were told that the doctor saw no need for an amnio.’
- ‘Look, Doctor, Kathy is going to get her amnio in a few weeks, we'll see what happens then.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.