One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white crystalline solid used as a fertilizer and as a component of some explosives.
- ‘In that investigation detectives arrested eight suspects across southern England and seized half a ton of ammonium nitrate, a chemical fertiliser used in many bomb attacks.’
- ‘A stable form of nitrogen such as ammonium nitrate is recommended to reduce volatilization.’
- ‘One popular explosive for industrial use is made from fertilizers like ammonium nitrate or urea, fuel oil, and nitric or sulfuric acid.’
- ‘Therefore, ammonium nitrate is the preferred nitrogen fertilizer for topdressing where incorporation is impossible.’
- ‘When the number of nodules is insufficient to supply adequate nitrogen, it will be necessary to supply some nitrogen to the crop in the form of urea or ammonium nitrate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.