One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white crystalline solid used as a fertilizer and as a component of some explosives.
- ‘When the number of nodules is insufficient to supply adequate nitrogen, it will be necessary to supply some nitrogen to the crop in the form of urea or ammonium nitrate.’
- ‘Therefore, ammonium nitrate is the preferred nitrogen fertilizer for topdressing where incorporation is impossible.’
- ‘One popular explosive for industrial use is made from fertilizers like ammonium nitrate or urea, fuel oil, and nitric or sulfuric acid.’
- ‘In that investigation detectives arrested eight suspects across southern England and seized half a ton of ammonium nitrate, a chemical fertiliser used in many bomb attacks.’
- ‘A stable form of nitrogen such as ammonium nitrate is recommended to reduce volatilization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.