Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Combined or treated with ammonia.
- ‘Unknown to most homeowners, linoleum is easily affected or damaged by hot water and strong alkaline cleaners, especially ammoniated ones in addition to the obvious factors like solvents and oils.’
- ‘In turn, off-gassing of ammoniated in concrete-grade ash can occur in slab placement and finishing.’
- ‘Names such as ammoniated tincture of valerian can safely be revealed without upsetting the psychological applecart.’
- ‘Following ammoniated wheat straw feeding, heifers were stratified by BW and assigned randomly, beginning on May 12, to one of four grazing treatments.’
- ‘Although these ammoniated latex proteins have different molecular weights than those of nonammoniated latex, the epitopes remain the same.’
- ‘Several formulations are available, and all are based on fertilizers such as urea, ammonium nitrate, ammoniated phosphates, potassium sulfate, potassium nitrate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.