One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a friendly and peaceable manner.‘they have amicably resolved their outstanding dispute’
- ‘Superior officers almost never charged constables in such cases but instead gave advice about living amicably with neighbors.’
- ‘He wants to make sure people know that his termination from the company was handled amicably.’
- ‘It is a contractual mechanism for resolving any dispute that cannot be amicably resolved.’
- ‘Did they share their habitat amicably, coming into peaceful contact on a regular basis?’
- ‘She routinely ate lunch amicably with both male and female colleagues, and most of her acquaintances liked her.’
- ‘I knew him for nearly 50 years, not always amicably.’
- ‘The expedition spent the next winter amicably with the Mandan Indians.’
- ‘He married the Prussian princess, but they did not have children and soon separated amicably.’
- ‘They went off amicably with the suspicious curator following stealthily behind.’
- ‘He observed that sanderlings, when not foraging, roosted amicably in large flocks on sandbars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.