One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of having a friendly and pleasant manner; geniality.‘his good-natured amiability’
friendliness, affability, cordialityView synonyms
- ‘He couldn't tolerate this imposed amiability.’
- ‘One of the most noticeable things about Hockney is his pleasing smile. It is lopsided, wry, infectious; it makes him seem permanently amused at the world, at himself; and it gives him an air of naive amiability.’
- ‘There was a general feeling of amiability and sisterhood.’
- ‘I'm just trying to understand this sudden amiability.’
- ‘He combined an inherent amiability and decency, a lightning-fast wit, and shrewd and opportunistic appreciation of the emerging media of his era, with a canny awareness of how far satire could go without giving offense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.