One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of making a person or thing American in character or nationality.‘the Americanization of popular culture continues apace’
- ‘It is hard to appreciate the global reach and power of Americanization when one is working from inside the global center.’
- ‘The union becomes an experiment in Americanization more than a loving relationship.’
- ‘The French worried about the Americanization of their culture and the disappearance of peasant society.’
- ‘These novels present an alternate vision of Americanization.’
- ‘Statistics provide a much less dramatic picture of Americanization through television.’
- ‘The story of his Americanization becomes, in fact, an account of recurring homelessness.’
- ‘Critique of the process of Americanization was also a central issue in the arts.’
- ‘I seldom ask myself questions about my "Americanization."’
- ‘Americanization did take place in the period directly after the World War II, when American society became a controversial model for Europeans.’
- ‘The criticisms against bilingual education policy are myopic and focused on nostalgic notions of Americanization and assimilation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.