One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Things associated with the culture and history of America, especially the United States.
- ‘For a little while I was not clear whether either of these pieces of Americana existed outside the fictional Brown and Van Pelt households.’
- ‘Returning to topic, at a certain point I felt that the innovative spirit of Americana, dealt with below, had departed for other climes.’
- ‘These political conventions are a real piece of Americana, a genuine bit of folk culture.’
- ‘There's a real feel-good feeling to classic Americana - it's there in the poster art and it's there in the music of the era.’
- ‘I want it to be fresh, crisp and sparkling, so please forgive the venture into 50s Americana.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.