One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the two major leagues in American professional baseball.
- ‘Quick and agile, Rodriguez also became a force with the bat, setting an American League record for catchers by hitting 35 home runs in 1999.’
- ‘Not long ago, I purchased an autographed baseball containing signatures of players on an American League All-Star team.’
- ‘In the American League this season, you'll hear names such as Gary Sheffield, Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz.’
- ‘Did I see somewhere where they might host an American League baseball game?’
- ‘Has there been a more productive hitter in the American League the past 15 years than Thomas?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.