Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
One of the two major leagues in American professional baseball.
- ‘Quick and agile, Rodriguez also became a force with the bat, setting an American League record for catchers by hitting 35 home runs in 1999.’
- ‘In the American League this season, you'll hear names such as Gary Sheffield, Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz.’
- ‘Did I see somewhere where they might host an American League baseball game?’
- ‘Has there been a more productive hitter in the American League the past 15 years than Thomas?’
- ‘Not long ago, I purchased an autographed baseball containing signatures of players on an American League All-Star team.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.