One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crocodile with a long tapering head, occurring from southernmost Florida to Ecuador.
- ‘Mazzotti recently led the first comprehensive survey of American crocodiles living in South Florida.’
- ‘In a possible milestone for endangered species, sightings of American crocodiles are increasing in south Florida's waters.’
- ‘As we made our way along the canal, we saw several American crocodiles sheltering within the mangrove roots, as well as a modest-sized green iguana lying on a low-hanging branch.’
- ‘Like their cousins, American crocodiles were once hunted intensively for their hides.’
- ‘Problem American crocodiles in Florida were relocated at one time, but when it proved ineffective, wildlife managers changed tactics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.