One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of mild-flavored semisoft processed cheese.
- ‘Indeed, in Trudeau's honor, I just made grilled cheese sandwiches for my family (with American cheese and white bread, no less!)’
- ‘I thought it would be a burger with a slice of American cheese and some sort of Blue cheese sauce.’
- ‘He grabbed a package of American cheese and proclaimed, ‘Lunch meat!’’
- ‘Last night I ate two slices of individually wrapped fat free American cheese (yes I unwrapped them first).’
- ‘My dish was an omelet with American cheese and onions.’
- ‘The American cheese that comes on top is perfectly acceptable.’
- ‘First, there's the common perception of pasteurized processed American cheese, sold either as slices or loaves.’
- ‘Last July, you'll recall the U.S. Department of Agriculture reported American cheese stocks had declined 22 million pounds in June.’
- ‘This plant only made American cheese up until August 2000, and at that point, something important happened.’
- ‘The market for American cheese in China is an untapped area.’
- ‘The cheddar flavor is equally harsh on the palate, though also low in calories and fat compared to regular American cheese.’
- ‘I made two egg sandwiches filled with warm, succulent eggs, melted American cheese, and mayonnaise.’
- ‘Wrap a slice of American cheese around a cracker or small breadstick for a satisfying snack that's still low in calories and fat.’
- ‘The individually wrapped American cheese slices with potato chips aren't all that bad.’
- ‘She lifted the white bread off of her sandwich and looked at the bologna and the slice of American cheese.’
- ‘I weaved my way past the cheese section and wondered why my European friends hate American cheese so much.’
- ‘That's not to say that there isn't real cheese in American cheese.’
- ‘The fat content in peanuts is the least among snack and lunch items such as American cheese slices and beef bologna.’
- ‘Oddly enough the individually wrapped packages smell like American cheese slices when you open them.’
- ‘However, Schild stresses that the American cheese industry could take a few lessons from the Europeans, at least when it comes to introducing consumers to more flavorful, exotic varieties of cheese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.