Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of mild-flavored semisoft processed cheese.
- ‘First, there's the common perception of pasteurized processed American cheese, sold either as slices or loaves.’
- ‘The cheddar flavor is equally harsh on the palate, though also low in calories and fat compared to regular American cheese.’
- ‘I weaved my way past the cheese section and wondered why my European friends hate American cheese so much.’
- ‘Wrap a slice of American cheese around a cracker or small breadstick for a satisfying snack that's still low in calories and fat.’
- ‘The fat content in peanuts is the least among snack and lunch items such as American cheese slices and beef bologna.’
- ‘Last July, you'll recall the U.S. Department of Agriculture reported American cheese stocks had declined 22 million pounds in June.’
- ‘He grabbed a package of American cheese and proclaimed, ‘Lunch meat!’’
- ‘Oddly enough the individually wrapped packages smell like American cheese slices when you open them.’
- ‘I made two egg sandwiches filled with warm, succulent eggs, melted American cheese, and mayonnaise.’
- ‘She lifted the white bread off of her sandwich and looked at the bologna and the slice of American cheese.’
- ‘I thought it would be a burger with a slice of American cheese and some sort of Blue cheese sauce.’
- ‘However, Schild stresses that the American cheese industry could take a few lessons from the Europeans, at least when it comes to introducing consumers to more flavorful, exotic varieties of cheese.’
- ‘Indeed, in Trudeau's honor, I just made grilled cheese sandwiches for my family (with American cheese and white bread, no less!)’
- ‘This plant only made American cheese up until August 2000, and at that point, something important happened.’
- ‘Last night I ate two slices of individually wrapped fat free American cheese (yes I unwrapped them first).’
- ‘That's not to say that there isn't real cheese in American cheese.’
- ‘My dish was an omelet with American cheese and onions.’
- ‘The American cheese that comes on top is perfectly acceptable.’
- ‘The market for American cheese in China is an untapped area.’
- ‘The individually wrapped American cheese slices with potato chips aren't all that bad.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.