The act of making something better; improvement.‘progress brings with it the amelioration of the human condition’
advance, development, upgrade, change for the better, refinement, enhancement, furtherance, advancement, forwardingView synonyms
- ‘It would also provide a sound basis for targeting scarce resources and developing strategies for remediation and amelioration.’
- ‘For real amelioration in education is completely contingent upon complementary improvement in the wider societal context.’
- ‘The increasingly powerful industrial working class sought the amelioration of its social and economic conditions.’
- ‘Its thrust is towards amelioration of the poor and a lot of distance has been covered.’
- ‘This amelioration is for the most part subjective rather than objective - the individual feels better about him- or herself.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.