One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of gentle, largely electronic instrumental music with no persistent beat, used to create or enhance a mood or atmosphere.
- ‘Maybe this is the modern equivalent to ambient music.’
- ‘Following Eno's dictum that ambient music must be as ‘ignorable as it is interesting’, this music repays pretty much any level of attention you're prepared to give it.’
- ‘Needless to say, Luke leapt at the opportunity, even though he wasn't making ambient music.’
- ‘This is a wonderfully rich, rewarding, deep, chaotic composition that should be the standard for all ambient music for the next 20 years.’
- ‘You may not get to sing along, but this is not ambient music; it is immersive and involving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.