One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ambassador with special duties not appointed to a particular country.
- ‘The building is named after Daniel J. Terra, the U.S. ambassador-at-large for cultural affairs during the Reagan administration.’
- ‘Hakim has become Indonesia's cultural ambassador-at-large, nurturing young talent and introducing producers and actors to international backers.’
- ‘In his declining years, Carnegie served as a kind of ambassador-at-large for world peace.’
- ‘He's ambassador-at-large for war crimes issues at the State Department.’
- ‘He championed human rights issues, was appointed ambassador-at-large by President Jimmy Carter, and worked tirelessly as an advocate before his death in 1990.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.