One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ambassador with special duties not appointed to a particular country.
- ‘The building is named after Daniel J. Terra, the U.S. ambassador-at-large for cultural affairs during the Reagan administration.’
- ‘Hakim has become Indonesia's cultural ambassador-at-large, nurturing young talent and introducing producers and actors to international backers.’
- ‘In his declining years, Carnegie served as a kind of ambassador-at-large for world peace.’
- ‘He championed human rights issues, was appointed ambassador-at-large by President Jimmy Carter, and worked tirelessly as an advocate before his death in 1990.’
- ‘He's ambassador-at-large for war crimes issues at the State Department.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.