Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extremely good or impressive; amazing.‘the atmosphere was nothing special but the food was amazeballs’‘she looks amazeballs’‘thanks for hosting another amazeballs party’
astonishing, astounding, surprising, bewildering, stunning, staggering, shocking, startling, stupefying, breathtaking, perplexing, confounding, dismaying, disconcerting, shatteringView synonyms
- ‘Usher called the performance "amazeballs," and Adam didn't feel anyone could sing the song better than that.’
- ‘How amazeballs does that sound?’
- ‘It's going to take more than some breakdancing from Matt to beat that – it was, to quote Chris, "amazeballs".’
- ‘It's an AMAZEBALLS feeling accepting who you are!’
- ‘They're either amazeballs and among the series' most entertaining and genuinely good episodes, or they're really, really not.’
- ‘OMG it's amazeballs!’
- ‘I have a huge girlcrush on her – she is amazeballs.’
- ‘Like many young stars, he seems obsessed with people who dare to tell him he's anything but amazeballs and destined for legend-hood.’
- ‘Let me just say, the work is consistently, consistently amazeballs in there.’
- ‘I have the most amazeballs hair colour and condition – best salon ever.’
Early 21st century: humorous alteration of amazing.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.