One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The booksellers are a retired couple although it might be more appropriate to say they are book amassers rather than sellers.’
- ‘I myself am an amasser of many odd and pretty things, so I could appreciate Steven's menagerie quite well.’
- ‘And who was this Evans, this wealthy connoisseur, benefactor and amasser of valuables?’
- ‘‘They are great amassers of power, which they have leveraged for wealth,’ said one former high-ranking golf administrator.’
- ‘Walker is an amasser of information and a controller of data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.