One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heuchera, especially the green-flowered H. americana and the white-flowered H. parvifolia.
- ‘For dry shade, also try Douglas iris, any of the alum roots, hummingbird sage, sword fern, and foothill sedge.’
- ‘The amount of alum root in such compounds is 1 ounce.’
- ‘It was called Alum Root Flower because its roots shared the astringent qualities of species of true alum root.’
- ‘Heuchera americana, or alum root, is adaptable to sun or shade, given sufficient moisture.’
- ‘Another plant, also called alum root, was pounded up and used wet to apply to sores and swellings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.