One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heuchera, especially the green-flowered "H. americana" and the white-flowered "H. parvifolia"
- ‘For dry shade, also try Douglas iris, any of the alum roots, hummingbird sage, sword fern, and foothill sedge.’
- ‘It was called Alum Root Flower because its roots shared the astringent qualities of species of true alum root.’
- ‘Heuchera americana, or alum root, is adaptable to sun or shade, given sufficient moisture.’
- ‘Another plant, also called alum root, was pounded up and used wet to apply to sores and swellings.’
- ‘The amount of alum root in such compounds is 1 ounce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.