One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective aluminized
Coat with aluminum.‘an aluminized reflector’
- ‘If you do want to use binoculars or a telescope, be sure to attach a full-aperture solar filter of either aluminized glass or aluminized Mylar.’
- ‘The diffraction grating is molded and aluminized in the same process as that used to make music CDs.’
- ‘These are aluminized glass fibers, easily laminated together with carbon structural fibers below.’
- ‘The boom supports the lightweight sail, which is made of an aluminized, temperature-resistant material called CP - 1.’
- ‘The excellent resistance to atmospheric corrosion of aluminized wire resulted in its acceptance for service in coastal and severely corrosive industrial atmospheres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.