One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All other things being equal, you'd expect people who develop the ability to empathise and act altruistically to live longer and procreate more often.’
- ‘At any one time, a population is likely to contain individuals that are either permanently incapable of cooperating or temporarily lack the time, energy, or resources to allow them to act altruistically.’
- ‘Can we ever again pay our taxes in the belief that the money will be wisely and altruistically redistributed?’
- ‘People who altruistically perform thankless tasks should be rewarded, but not by people who inspire little respect.’
- ‘I vote altruistically, for the benefit of others and for an idea of the kind of world I want for future generations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.