One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.‘it was an entirely altruistic act’‘I question how altruistic his motives were’
unselfish, selfless, self-sacrificing, self-denyingView synonyms
- ‘Naturally, a person could be motivated by altruistic considerations to help others in his group.’
- ‘Humans are far more co-operative and altruistic than any other species.’
- ‘His benevolent and altruistic nature made him very well known to everyone in the area.’
- ‘This leadership was perceived as altruistic by the public, and therefore ethical.’
- ‘Don't be fooled into thinking I do this for altruistic reasons though.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.