One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A clef placing middle C on the middle line of the staff, now used chiefly for viola music.
- ‘Depending on the type of trombone and what type of ensemble you're in, the music for trombone could be written in either the tenor, bass, or alto clefs.’
- ‘The wedding cake, with chocolate covered strawberries between the layers, was decorated with treble clefs for Rachel's violin and alto clefs for Nick's viola.’
- ‘The alto clef encountered when reading the viola part poses a challenge.’
- ‘It is usually written in bass clef, although tenor trombone players with orchestral experience are often comfortable with tenor and alto clefs as well.’
- ‘This editor permits single or double stave notation utilizing the treble, bass, tenor and alto clefs.’
alto clef/ˈôltō ˌklef/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.