One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a range of medical therapies that are not regarded as orthodox by the medical profession, such as herbalism, homeopathy, and acupuncture.See also complementary medicine
- ‘Many of these products are available in health food stores or you can get them from your alternative medicine provider.’
- ‘Such contact could be an important step in the integration of complementary and alternative medicine with other medical services.’
- ‘I believe that alternative medicine should be used with treatment of any medical problem.’
- ‘We also use private therapy, alternative medicine, changes in diet, and whatever else works to get us where we want to be.’
- ‘Complementary and alternative medicine is undergoing much greater scrutiny than ever before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.