One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a range of medical therapies that are not regarded as orthodox by the medical profession, such as herbalism, homeopathy, and acupuncture.See also complementary medicine
- ‘Many of these products are available in health food stores or you can get them from your alternative medicine provider.’
- ‘Complementary and alternative medicine is undergoing much greater scrutiny than ever before.’
- ‘Such contact could be an important step in the integration of complementary and alternative medicine with other medical services.’
- ‘I believe that alternative medicine should be used with treatment of any medical problem.’
- ‘We also use private therapy, alternative medicine, changes in diet, and whatever else works to get us where we want to be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.