One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fuel other than gasoline for powering motor vehicles, such as natural gas, methanol, or electricity.
- ‘Most fuel experts agree that the ideal alternative fuel for the future is hydrogen.’
- ‘Even the way cars are powered has changed with the recent rise of diesel cars as well as LPG and other alternative fuels.’
- ‘We also help companies to consider alternative fuels and look at minimising mileage.’
- ‘In the late '80s and early '90s methanol was the alternative fuel of choice.’
- ‘As an alternative fuel, ‘bio-diesel’ is derived from canola, soy, corn, sunflower, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.