One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fuel other than gasoline for powering motor vehicles, such as natural gas, methanol, or electricity.
- ‘As an alternative fuel, ‘bio-diesel’ is derived from canola, soy, corn, sunflower, etc.’
- ‘Most fuel experts agree that the ideal alternative fuel for the future is hydrogen.’
- ‘We also help companies to consider alternative fuels and look at minimising mileage.’
- ‘In the late '80s and early '90s methanol was the alternative fuel of choice.’
- ‘Even the way cars are powered has changed with the recent rise of diesel cars as well as LPG and other alternative fuels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.