One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Energy generated in ways that do not deplete natural resources or harm the environment, especially by avoiding the use of fossil fuels and nuclear power.
- ‘Naturally, for alternative energy to be useful, it must be boundless, renewable, and not take away anything from the environment.’
- ‘While we're on the subject of costs, consider that the cheapest and safest form of alternative energy is - using less.’
- ‘Any serious attempt to shift from fossil fuels to alternative energy demands greater national and global efforts.’
- ‘We should pursue all viable alternative energy sources, from nuclear power to solar to geothermal.’
- ‘This technology is no cure all, but it would at least give the world a chance and the requisite breathing space to further develop alternative energy sources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.