One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead, the acoustics of musical space is, in itself, an alterable element of the representational system within which musical meanings are constructed.’
- ‘When poverty started being seen not as inevitable, but as something alterable, being poor moved from the realm of bad luck to the realm of injustice.’
- ‘The key is to stop thinking in terms of a computer as a set of memory cells alterable at will by a sequence of instructions.’
- ‘Life-hopes of the first kind, to speak of them in one way, partly involve thinking of our futures as open or unfixed or alterable.’
- ‘Free people have multiple and alterable identities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.