One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boy who acts as a priest's assistant during a service, especially in the Roman Catholic Church.
- ‘He will visit the site of the former Odeon cinema in Crouch Street, his old church where he was an altar boy in Coggeshall, and meet up with old friends.’
- ‘I was a sixth grader, an altar boy awed by liturgy, and determined to be a priest.’
- ‘He had a strong religious belief and was a daily mass-goer and in his younger days, he served as an altar boy in the Dominican Church which is located next door to where he grew up.’
- ‘Dallaire grew up a French-Canadian Catholic, an altar boy, and a soloist in the choir.’
- ‘He was an altar boy at Our Lady of Victories Church, near his home on West Lane, while attending the next-door primary school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.