Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A style of country music that is influenced by alternative rock.
- ‘Stylistically, both bands remained just outside any standard indie rock and alt-country conventions.’
- ‘Obviously heavily influenced by Americana alt.country, she transcends them all in stunningly enthralling style.’
- ‘The man who wrote Patsy Cline's ‘Crazy’ was an outlaw before alt-country was a glimmer in its papa's eye.’
- ‘However, the lush arrangements of their music are more alt-country than drab suburbia.’
- ‘The Duke electrified the stage with their unique blend of alt-country and hard rock, ensuring that audience members would quickly snap up every copy of their new album before the day was over.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.