One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- abbreviation for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- ‘Some cases where gene therapy has been successful are in the breakthrough with the disease Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).’
- ‘"Her painting will help draw attention to the amazing abilities of artists with ALS and other neuromuscular disorders."’
- ‘He was in the advanced stages of ALS.’
- ‘He choreographed (most often for Maryland Youth Ballet and his own Eric Hampton Dance) before being diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).’
- ‘The scene becomes even more distressing when we recall how ALS eventually works its way up the body, making simple things like hand gestures and speaking impossible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.