Any of a class of drugs which prevent the stimulation of the adrenergic receptors responsible for increased blood pressure.
- ‘Dizziness, tiredness, and weakness are the main possible side effects of the alpha blockers.’
- ‘Because the alpha blocker lowers your blood pressure, it can make you feel tired or sleepy.’
- ‘Peripheral alpha blockers, centrally acting agents, and vasodilators have limited use in older persons because of significant side effect profiles.’
- ‘Calcium channel blockers (eg nifedipine) or alpha blockers (eg prazosin) - these help widen the blood vessels.’
- ‘Other high blood pressure medications your doctor may prescribe are diuretics, beta blockers, calcium antagonists and alpha blockers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.