One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Indeed you will not, for the building is quite separate from the pantry,’ he remarked aloofly, not even turning back to see her.’
- ‘I shall also enjoy the Jubilee, and if I see either of these two sleazeballs out at our street party, I'll tell them to go easy on the burgers, and stop smiling aloofly.’
- ‘Every great feat has been the child of dissatisfaction, and if everyone was aloofly content, who would open the world of new possibilities?’
- ‘Even now, a few feet away one of the giant soldiers stalked aloofly as if all these people were not really there at all.’
- ‘She looked at him aloofly through the corner of her eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.