One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oil expressed from bitter almonds, used for cosmetic preparations, flavoring, and medicinal purposes.
- ‘Maraschino cherries in syrup are prepared by stoning and bleaching the cherries, then adding syrup, bitter almond oil, and red or green colouring.’
- ‘Use sea salt for its mineral content and mix equal parts with olive or sweet almond oil.’
- ‘To make the salt glow, mix a cup of fine-grained sea salt with one-quarter cup almond oil, grape seed oil, or any vegetable oil that has very little scent.’
- ‘This cleanser is incredibly mild, with no dyes or perfumes - just calming chamomile, aloe vera and almond oil.’
- ‘Dilute lavender oil in an equal amount of vegetable oil, such as almond oil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.