One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oil expressed from bitter almonds, used for cosmetic preparations, flavoring, and medicinal purposes.
- ‘Dilute lavender oil in an equal amount of vegetable oil, such as almond oil.’
- ‘This cleanser is incredibly mild, with no dyes or perfumes - just calming chamomile, aloe vera and almond oil.’
- ‘Use sea salt for its mineral content and mix equal parts with olive or sweet almond oil.’
- ‘Maraschino cherries in syrup are prepared by stoning and bleaching the cherries, then adding syrup, bitter almond oil, and red or green colouring.’
- ‘To make the salt glow, mix a cup of fine-grained sea salt with one-quarter cup almond oil, grape seed oil, or any vegetable oil that has very little scent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.