One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or derived from alluvium.‘rich alluvial soils’
- ‘These pioneer prospectors practiced surface mining, obtaining gold from the alluvial deposits called placers.’
- ‘Above these sedimentary rocks is a sequence of interbedded alluvial floodplain deposits and palaeosols.’
- ‘Silicate minerals constitute most alluvial sediment on Earth.’
- ‘A tube containing 6 grams of alluvial gold from the Cernavaia River also has a bicolor character.’
- ‘The fertile soil is fine-textured, alluvial, loamy and free from boulders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.