One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet Moffatt makes the point allusively, in a whisper entirely in keeping with the tone of the work.’
- ‘These rambles take the author, briefly and allusively, through a great many topics other than his primary concern with taste.’
- ‘The story remains the same - wildly improbable and allusively rendered - but the music has inflated and deepened in a manner befitting the giant robots, imploding planets, and freaky cast of thousands it contains.’
- ‘While Grosvenor's dramatically cantilevered sculptures disturbed space in an almost physical manner, like a speeding boat's wake, his recent pieces activate space allusively and emotionally.’
- ‘Mann says it's a strange thing with the fulfilment of prophecies, they often confirm themselves allusively rather than literally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.