One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
sentence adverb As is generally admitted to be true.
- ‘No one who has given up his name to Christ, is allowedly a self-seeker; that is against true Christianity.’
- ‘For that reason, the worst sin that can be committed with Diego is to let him go; in fact when he runs it is impossible to stop it allowedly.’
- ‘However, all stayed splendid and telling music, allowedly they studied to be composers.’
- ‘Where then is the danger of trusting these cases, which form allowedly a very large proportion, to the hands of an intelligent and well educated woman?’
- ‘That was why, in the mid nineties, we started off with an - allowedly little creditable - attempt to modify our product.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.