One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the alteration of the activity of a protein through the binding of an effector molecule at a specific site.
- ‘All of the interacting proteins and protein enzymes involved in allosteric regulation are controlled by gene expression.’
- ‘Although numerous allosteric enzymes were studied, much less information is available concerning the coordinated regulation of activities in multienzymatic complexes.’
- ‘Could similar phenomena occur at other enzymes, particularly allosteric enzymes where structurally similar dihydrofolate plays a regulatory role?’
- ‘Physiological biochemistry has emphasized the role of key regulatory enzymes that display allosteric control and nonequilibrium reaction states.’
- ‘The effectors that modulate the activity of these allosteric enzymes are of two types.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.