One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is suggested that allostatic load, the cumulative result of physiological allocation in relation to environmental stimuli, can lead to pathological conditions when demands for resources far outstrip the resources available.’
- ‘Homeostatic second order cybernetic systems demand this of the functional apparatus; it must be allopoietic, and allostatic at the same time.’
- ‘Body color thus suggests that acute responses are reinforced by subsequent allostatic readjustment of tonic hormone levels, particularly that of melanotropin.’
- ‘He will consider the causes of allostatic overload as well as potential ways to fight it.’
- ‘An imbalance in the allostatic concentration of reproductive hormones can also result in other reproductive disturbances and mood swings and initiate depression in susceptible women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.