One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Children were not penalized for allophonic / dialect variation in vowel production, nor for systematic articulation errors.’
- ‘Actually, factors such as a speaker's geographic origin determine to a large extent the allophonic choices and the deep phonological representation of each speaker.’
- ‘When listening for allophonic variation, it is necessary to try and distance yourself from a language.’
- ‘If speech perception is allophonic for dyslexic children their perceptual deficit would be specifically phonological.’
- ‘Most speakers are largely unaware of the extent of allophonic variation in their language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.