One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who practices allopathy.
- ‘He observes that while veterinarians keep themselves abreast of developments in modern medicine, very few allopaths dealing with it are familiar with vet medical literature.’
- ‘His grandfather was an Ayurvedic vaid, and his father, though an allopath, acknowledges the benefits of homoeopathy and other systems.’
- ‘Here are a few examples of the needling logic employed that can certainly drive many an allopath up the wall.’
- ‘The article basically presented alternative remedies as snake oil and went on to quote an allopath who states that the ‘people who sell this stuff to desperately ill people…are criminals.’’
- ‘Pranic healing is not an alternative medicine though and hence it is important to consult an allopath for medical problems.’
- ‘The Osteopaths retained a fledgling distinctiveness until 1960 when they began to more clearly model the allopaths.’
- ‘Meanwhile, an allopath may be offering oral essential oils, herbal tinctures and clay treatments alongside the usual drugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.