One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tissue graft from a donor of the same species as the recipient but not genetically identical.Compare with homograft
- ‘Research is currently focused on the role of superficial venous surgery and the use of cultured skin allografts.’
- ‘Perioperative nurses must be aware of current tissue handling practices when they participate in procedures to implant tissue and bone allografts.’
- ‘In addition, the quality of the allograft may vary, depending on the age of the donor and the body location of the harvested skin.’
- ‘Reductions in the intensity of conditioning regimens for allografts will improve safety and increase applicability.’
- ‘With increased use of allografts, graft-related infections and disease transmissions have risen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.