One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large-headed, long-tailed snapping turtle of the southeastern US, found especially in the Gulf States. Weighing up to 150 pounds (67.5 kg), it is the largest freshwater turtle in North America.
- ‘Although alligator snappers do not prefer moving water, it is necessary to keep the water from stagnating.’
- ‘When submerged on the bottom of a river, it is easy to mistake the alligator snapper for a pile of rocks.’
- ‘You can keep other species of turtles with alligator snappers provided they are the same size.’
- ‘Historical records show alligator snappers up to 300 pounds have been captured in Georgia and Florida.’
- ‘The alligator snapping turtle lays its eggs on dry land in soft earth or sand.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.