One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for avocado
- ‘I will enjoy having help picking the peaches, plums and feijoas while some of the more active young people will enjoy climbing up the big avocado trees to pick the alligator pears.’
- ‘In order to reach them, Carvajal inscribed a message on the core of an alligator pear, hid it in a melon, and asked the jailer to bring the fruit to his relatives.’
- ‘He has seven kinds of fruit on the place, including alligator pears and guava.’
- ‘To be sure, now and then one hears of somebody who fancies alligator pears without dressing.’
- ‘The first time we went to the Chambord, a very good restaurant, he said to me, ‘Jose, we will have one of your tropical fruits because I see on the menu they have avocados, alligator pears.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.