One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The whole explanation fails unless some added agency be devised to take over the duty which the specific allelomorphic forces abandon after the occurrence of crossing over.’
- ‘The conception of Species, however we may formulate it, can hardly be supposed to attach to allelomorphic or analytical varieties.’
- ‘The allelomorphic classes shown at all loci from these samples were used as standards of comparison for the rest of the material.’
- ‘By this we mean that a certain total number of distinctive genes or allelomorphic factors constitute the complexity of the many kinds of plants and animals.’
- ‘It was 25 years before these groups were shown to be inherited as Mendelian characters by means of three allelomorphic genes A, B and O and were, in fact, entities of one blood group system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.