One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We're talking about things like the amnion, the chorion, the allantoic sac, the placenta, the umbilical cord, if those words sound familiar to you.’
- ‘Again, we performed the tests on embryos, plus allantoic fluid from the eggs after five days.’
- ‘A feeding solution of 7.5 mM allantoic acid was used in most experiments.’
- ‘Veterinarians are completing the study comparing allantoic and amniotic fluids and heart rates of fetuses in mares.’
- ‘The embryo forms an allantoic placenta, as is true of at least some peramelids and koalas but not other marsupials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.