One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their publishers are all wet about copyright.’
- ‘If the polls are all wet and the final vote breaks sharply one way or the other, people will want to claim the election as a historic watershed.’
- ‘You don't have to be a ‘Biblical scholar’ to know that what you wrote was all wet.’
- ‘By the way, most people think Roberts is all wet.’
- ‘Your discussion of the intellectual property debate is all wet.’
- ‘Jeff actually knows what he's talking about, thinks I'm all wet on this one.’
- ‘But up next, Coke's plans to sell bottled water overseas are all wet.’
- ‘Since I'm not an economist, I might be all wet about this.’
- ‘No sooner does the Consultant Debunking Unit dip its toe back into the waters of consulting-speak than it stumbles onto jargon that turns out to be all wet.’
- ‘I suppose we could just thank our lucky stars that all the negative prognostications were all wet and leave it at that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.