One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their publishers are all wet about copyright.’
- ‘If the polls are all wet and the final vote breaks sharply one way or the other, people will want to claim the election as a historic watershed.’
- ‘No sooner does the Consultant Debunking Unit dip its toe back into the waters of consulting-speak than it stumbles onto jargon that turns out to be all wet.’
- ‘I suppose we could just thank our lucky stars that all the negative prognostications were all wet and leave it at that.’
- ‘By the way, most people think Roberts is all wet.’
- ‘But up next, Coke's plans to sell bottled water overseas are all wet.’
- ‘Your discussion of the intellectual property debate is all wet.’
- ‘Since I'm not an economist, I might be all wet about this.’
- ‘Jeff actually knows what he's talking about, thinks I'm all wet on this one.’
- ‘You don't have to be a ‘Biblical scholar’ to know that what you wrote was all wet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.