One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As much as (typically used ironically of a quantity considered small by the speaker)‘the show lasted all of six weeks’
- ‘This moment of Zen lasted all of 30 seconds.’
- ‘That mood, however, lasted all of five minutes.’
- ‘This generated an amazing meeting that lasted all of thirty seconds, in which Brian declared were keeping Studio X.’
- ‘Criminally this lasts all of about ninety seconds as if he wasn't supposed to be in the film at all but just happened to busking there when the director wandered by with his camera.’
- ‘That final plan lasted all of about six months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.