An excessively alkaline condition of the body fluids or tissues that may cause weakness or cramps.
- ‘These data suggest that hypocapnic but not metabolic alkalosis impairs alveolar fluid reabsorption.’
- ‘When this occurs, it may result in a state of alkalosis which can cause conditions from weakness and fatigue to headaches and anxiety.’
- ‘Hypochloremic, hypokalemic, or metabolic alkalosis might be present in patients who purge.’
- ‘Serious complications include systemic hypokalemic alkalosis, leading to cardiac arrhythmias, renal damage, and seizures.’
- ‘There may also be concomitant acidosis or alkalosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.