One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the group of feldspars rich in sodium and/or potassium.
- ‘Closer to the contact microcline is replaced by sanidine, and perthitic exsolution in detrital alkali feldspar begins to disappear.’
- ‘Olson states that the first mineral to be deposited was a reddish alkali feldspar, followed by abundant deposition of epidote and smaller amounts of pumpellyite.’
- ‘On the other hand, the mogila granite had a darker mineral texture, a greater content of the mineral plagioclase, and large pink crystals of alkali feldspar up to 1.5 inches in length to 0.5 inches in width.’
- ‘Of these, alkali feldspar, particularly orthoclase, is the most common.’
- ‘The first phase of diagenetic albite constitutes an impure, turbid variety including albitized grains of original plagioclase and alkali feldspar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.