Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- dated term for grantee
- ‘In considering applications relating to alienations, the Maori Land Court must be satisfied that the preferred class of alienees has been granted an opportunity to exercise the first right of refusal.’
- ‘While the land remained Maori freehold land, the preferred class of alienees had a right of first refusal if it was to be alienated.’
- ‘The alienee of a person owning the property injured may commence an action for a continuance of the nuisance, and the alienee of the property causing the nuisance is responsible for a continuance of the same.’
- ‘The preferred class of alienee comprises persons such as children of the block owners ’, and other beneficial owners of the land.’
- ‘Expenses on the maintenance of the alienator made by the alienee before the cancellation of the contract shall not be reimbursed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.