One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or condition of being an alien.
- ‘That definition of the status of the alienage focuses on what it is that gives a person the status: owing obligations to another sovereign power.’
- ‘In the first case the appearance of objectivity arises from alienation, in the second from alienage.’
- ‘In modem societies the foundational institutions for membership are citizenship and alienage.’
- ‘But, again, the argument is sliding between considerations of a statutory concept, citizenship, and considerations of a constitutional concept, alienage.’
- ‘I do not see why there has to be any particular time limitation, as long as you are achieving some legitimate purpose relevant to alienage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.