One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The misidentification of a signal frequency, introducing distortion or error.
- ‘Any component of a sampled signal with a frequency above this limit is subject to aliasing.’
- ‘Analog signals are usually low-pass filtered to remove most or all of the components above the Nyquist frequency in order to avoid aliasing.’
- ‘Aliasing refers to an effect that causes different continuous signals to become indistinguishable (or aliases of one another) when sampled.’
- ‘Optical signals were low-pass filtered at 500 Hz to prevent aliasing.’
- ‘This type of signal distortion is called aliasing.’
In computer graphics, the jagged, or saw-toothed appearance of curved or diagonal lines on a low-resolution monitor.
- ‘A rasterized image of the view from the light's position was rendered, and sampling errors occurred, including jagged edges and aliasing.’
- ‘While you get solid, realistic colors with adequate detail, there is far too much grain, aliasing, and artifacting in the transfer.’
- ‘The only real complaint I have about the graphics is the game's aliasing and flicker.’
- ‘The visual transfer is clear and colorful, but vertical lines still demonstrate some aliasing (they often look like stair steps).’
- ‘Other than some aliasing on the car models and in the distant backgrounds, Rallisport features amazing graphics that certainly add to the game's play experience.’
- ‘Otherwise, the graphics are smooth and free of annoying graphical glitches like glaring aliasing or slowdown.’
- ‘As you can see, it looks pretty good, though aliasing is a bit more obvious.’
- ‘Standard-definition content looks good, but brings with it the usual artifacts: noise, line aliasing, and occasional interlacing.’
- ‘The worst spots are not that frequent, but the edge enhancement and aliasing are bad enough by themselves to spoil things.’
- ‘The movie does show a few problems from time to time, including some very bad aliasing and haloing, and some occasional moiré patterns, but for the most part the image is very clean and crisp.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.