One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt of alginic acid.
- ‘He was treated with domperidone, a compound alginate preparation, and feed supplements that contained glucose polymers.’
- ‘Similar compounds, with the same possible adverse effects, are ammonium alginate, sodium alginate, and propylene glycol alginate.’
- ‘Because an alginate is highly absorbent, it should not be used with dry wounds or wounds with minimal drainage; it could dehydrate the wound, delaying healing.’
- ‘This absorptive layer is made of material other than an alginate, foam, hydrocolloid, or hydrogel.’
- ‘Treatment with moisture-retentive dressings consisted of either a hydrocolloid, an alginate, or sterile gauze.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.