One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt of alginic acid.
- ‘Similar compounds, with the same possible adverse effects, are ammonium alginate, sodium alginate, and propylene glycol alginate.’
- ‘He was treated with domperidone, a compound alginate preparation, and feed supplements that contained glucose polymers.’
- ‘Treatment with moisture-retentive dressings consisted of either a hydrocolloid, an alginate, or sterile gauze.’
- ‘Because an alginate is highly absorbent, it should not be used with dry wounds or wounds with minimal drainage; it could dehydrate the wound, delaying healing.’
- ‘This absorptive layer is made of material other than an alginate, foam, hydrocolloid, or hydrogel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.